2018 Open Positions for PhDs and Postdoc in Power Engineering at the University of Connecticut
University of Connecticut (UConn) Power Systems Lab is seeking three PhD students and a Postdoctoral Research Associate to conduct research in the areas of microgrids, power system stability and cyber security.
The successful applicants will work with other team members in support of various projects and programs. Research focus is on the following:
- Microgrids and active distribution network modeling, analysis and control;
- Advanced computer networking technology and applications in smart grid;
- Distributed control/optimization and distributed computing platform design;
- Cyber security for microgrids and power distribution grid.
- Postdoc candidate should have a PhD in electrical power engineering; PhD candidates should have relevant background in electric power systems or computer sciences/engineering with application in power systems.
- Experience in modeling electrical networks with integrated renewable energy sources.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to explore new areas, and ability to work with others as part of a project team.
- Experience with one or more of the following: power system dynamics and control, real-time simulator (e.g. Opal-RT), software-defined networking, distributed algorithms, or cyber security.
UConn offers competitive graduate assistantship and postdoc salaries. UConn is ranked the 18th top public university in the U.S. News & World Report. The university is close to Hartford, Boston area and NYC. Power Lab at UConn is active in microgrid and smart distribution system research and has attracted significant federal investment over the years. We are the founding member of Eversource Energy Center sponsored by the Northeast’s largest power utility company, Eversource Energy, with $9M funds received and more to follow.
More information can be found at http://power.engr.uconn.edu/ .
Please send your CV and a sample paper to Prof. Zhang at email@example.com, if you are interested in the opening.